Saturday, April 22, 2017

Daily Draw

Daily Draw

Saturday, 22 April 2017

Method: Druid Animal Oracle

Card Dawn: Raven

I don’t think I’ve drawn this card since 2014.

In Celtic mythology the Raven is associated with Bran, whose head is buried under The Tower of London’s White Tower and why the ravens are still kept there.

Bran offers protection and the gift of prophesy, something I have shied away from.

This card is the equivalent of the tarots death card and so marks the beginning of a transformation. The raven can also bring a deep spiritual healing and that is what I need at the moment.

To most people the raven is associated with death and war. This is because the Irish goddess, “The Morrigan,” would be seen in the form of a raven hovering over the battlefield, but it is more associated with prophesying through shamanic underworld journeying. A good symbol for me and I must not neglect this particular goddess.


Of course it is also associated with Woden who has two ravens, Huginn and Muninn, meaning thought and memory. A nudge to keep my mind active.

No comments:

Post a Comment