Saturday, March 18, 2017

Daily Draw

Daily Draw Saturday, 18 March 2017 Method: Russian Shakespeare Tarot Card Dawn: Poor Yorick. The Fool. Yorick was the court jester in Hamlet, here is the famous speech: Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen? Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come; make her laugh at that. Hamlet is torn as he was very fond of Yorick when he was a child and the skull fills him with happy memories, yet at the same time he is revolted and sickened at the exhumed skull. What does that mean to me today? It means I must check on my mother’s health for those childhood memories are more valuable than the present situation. We must all follow Yorick, but what memories can we leave behind, as those memories will be our only reality one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment