Thursday, March 9, 2017

Daily Draw

Daily Draw Friday, 10 March 2017 Method: Druid Animal Oracle Animal Dawn: Horse The Goddess, The Land, Travel The image is of a grey mare with the Uffington White Horse in the background. A mounted warrior is carved on the stone to the right of the image. Plants included in the image are horsetail and mare’s peas in the foreground and horse-shoe vetch on the left. The horse, like the rune Ehwaz is a call to travel. This may be in the inner world or the outer physical world. Both being unlikely today. Working with the spirit of the horse would allow me to feel comfortable with all stages of the life cycle as the horse-goddess is patroness of the complete life cycle. The last time I drew this card I admitted that was something I hadn’t considered. At that time the horse-goddess hadn’t featured in my spiritual life and I asked myself whether I needed to investigate her. Her name is Epona, derived from the word pony, but the Welsh equivalent is Rhiannon and in Ireland, Macha and Etain. I set my spiritual task to explore the sacredness of the horse and the Celtic Horse Goddesses. However, I didn’t do it. Today I set myself the task of going out to take some photos. I’m unlikely to come across any horses today but another message I can take is that of work and perhaps my new picture library partnership and learning to be a bit more trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment