Sunday, March 12, 2017

Daily Draw

Daily Draw Sunday, 12 March 2017 Method: Druid Animal Oracle Card Dawn: Blackbird Enchantment, The Gateway, The Inner Call I remember watching blackbirds and other birds in my Grandparents house when I was small. They were enchanting. The Blackbird in this image is perched on a Rowan branch, that most magickal of trees. The cave behind it and to the right is the gateway to the other worlds. I am reminded not to neglect my spiritual path, though recent events have sorely tested it. I have been attending more to the material world which is an ongoing necessity but my soul is showing signs of neglect and the need of healing spiritually as well as physically. The Celtic name for this bird is Druid Dhub, black druid, probably due to its tendency to sing at twilight, the in between time. They are sacred to Rhiannon and feature in Celtic mythology on several occasions. It is one of 5 totem animals of the Druid tradition, being one of the 5 oldest animals. I haven’t seen any in Spain, I don’t imagine they come this far south.

No comments:

Post a Comment